Sunday 16 July 2023

The Inner Thoughts of a Hungry and Cheeky Bunny

Initially written as a two-hundred words story for a competition and now slightly edited/extended.

Hungry. Waiting. Hungry. Waiting.

What is that thing she’s looking at and tapping? I like to nibble the rubber casing that it’s trapped in on the occasions that she’s stupid enough to leave it on the floor.

Using my paws, I’ve had a try at tapping too, and there were things moving around under my paws, but my eyes didn’t see the interest – personally.

Bored now! I know, I’ll speed things along…

BANG!

BANG!

‘Don’t do that Peeps, you’ll hurt your teeth.’

I’m not worried about my teeth, it’s tummy I’m thinking about…

Damn, it’s not worked…she’s stroking my head now. I know, I’ll look cute: eyes wide, nose twitching…

Anyhow, ‘Peeps…’ what’s that about? I’m sure she called me Sweep when I first arrived! All these nicknames make it hard to know when she’s talking to me…and equally easy for me to deny I’m being spoken to! Afterall, I’m a rabbit, not a monkey. So, when she says, ‘Stop eating the carpet Monkey, or Piglet…’ how am I meant to know that is meant for me, Sweep – rabbit?

Finally, there’s movement. She must have heard my rumbling tummy.

            Success! A nice pile of hay. Think I’ll do what I did yesterday and put four large bits in at once, that got her worried! That’ll teach her to keep me waiting!




No comments:

Post a Comment