Tuesday 15 August 2023

Where did you find that?

 An Escape Room tale...

A month or so back I went with my parents to complete an Escape Room. We escaped in what was - for us - record timing (to be fair, in some we have run out of time completely) and it was a really enjoyable theme and concept.

Typical us, it came with a few funny moments so I thought I would share...

We went into the room, and each took a seat. There were a pair of handcuffs for each of us and Dad asked if the man had the key/knew where the key was? To which the man replied that there was one in the room that we would easily find – and quite quickly – and that he had a spare… Good job considering I’d already put mine on before he answered, haha!

    My parents put theirs on, and Mum put her her right one on too tight so the man had to go and get the spare key. Whilst he was gone she showed us the left one was loose and that she could probably wiggle out!

    Her right one unlocked and back on but looser, the game started... I looked under my chair and under the table where I was sitting, but didn’t find anything. Mum, meanwhile, had already wiggled out of both of hers! We did laugh. 

I went over to a cupboard and put locked boxes from the top of it onto the table that had been hidden behind the cupboard, I found some things that we needed. We remarked how well I could cope with handcuffs on!

Dad had – just at that point – found the key stuck to a different part under the table so I then was free, and we then freed him. Mum is just cheeky!

It was a great mix of padlocks with numbers, keys to unlock things, a briefcase and other types of puzzles to solve. 

The funniest part (apart from Mum and her cuffs) was when we had the word TACT but couldn’t work out what this answer opened until Mum went “Here you go!” and lifted up a box of things from a cupboard she had unlocked! 

    To which Dad and I said: "Where did you find that?" It was a lettered padlock, right at the base of the cupboard that neither Dad or I noticed but she’s always the one most likely to get on the floor!

Just like she was the one who went in the bin (much to my OCD disgust and told her to put it back) which was good as it contained something we needed as the rubbish WAS part of the game!

All good fun and another great adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment