Tuesday 21 November 2023

The long wait...

 Typical me!


If you have read my September blog post about a parcel delivery not going to plan, this won't surprise you. If you haven't, let's just say that lots of things don't go to plan with me...and here's another example.

The other week, I was waiting for a delivery - some rechargeable, USB lights that are movement activated to put in the conservatory to save turning the lights on all the time. There's others around the house and they do a great job.

It shows as leaving depot just before midday, says I am third delivery - BONUS! 12:15-2:15...

Nope...the tracking map changes to ‘driver has a few more deliveries to make first’ and time updates to 2:45 cut off.

Nope...changes to: ‘arriving by 10pm’ and says, ‘sorry we didn’t make the slot’.

 

At this point, it was showing as having been in a specific location (about fifteen minutes away) for hours! I think the tracker must have got stuck! 

I kept my eye on the tracking map all day, no change. I listened out for door by changing what I was going to do (not making a noise etc) so that I would hear door.


At 5:30pm van was about five minutes away... Then, at about 5:45 it gets PUT THROUGH LETTERBOX!


All that waiting for them to put it through... The box was long and flat - not what I expected. I thought it would be bulkier and require a knock at the door! Wrong!

AND...they were meant to be optional cool white or warm white but are only cool 😕 

Typical me, hey?


No comments:

Post a Comment