Tuesday 8 August 2023

Magnetic forces!

Another day, another visitor...

So, if I hadn’t yet convinced you that my house is a magnet for people that don’t belong here, here’s another tale. By the way, this happened only a week or so after the tale from last week!

This time I was on the phone to my mum when the door went. I initially ignored it as there had been some cold callers where my parents live which is about ten minutes away.

    There was another knock and I decided to look out of the landing window as you’re less likely to be spotted from behind that blind as opposed to the study one downstairs.

    Looking out, I saw an elderly lady with a dog.

I unlocked and opened the window and asked, “Are you Ok?” Here’s how the conversation went:

    “Hi, I’m here to see George.”

    “George doesn’t live here!”

    “Oh, but I was just here a little while ago visiting, and popped out to take my dog for a walk!”

    “What road name do you need as X and X are really close together?”

    “No, it was this house. I was just here. Yes, number X...”

She was pointing at the door number at this point!

    I explained no and that she was mistaken, then I stated a few facts (that I won’t put here) as I thought time and other factors that were true might help her.

    “But I am sure it was this house...” she persisted.

     I replied, “Some do look similar although, I think you have the road names confused and need the other number X…”

    She replied, “I’m not sure now. I had a stroke recently and I am only just up and about again. My daughter is with George, but I thought I would take the dog for a walk. I’m sure I was just here.”

    I answered this with, “There’s nobody else here at the moment. I think you should try walking (point to the right) in that direction and seeing if you recognise anything.”

I did feel a bit mean – she was deathly pale, old and I was debating if I should do more…but, I was home alone and she did have her dog which might find a smell and trace their way… PLUS, if her daughter was in and around the area, I thought perhaps she would go and look for her! And, I know that people can also get violent when confused.

Only me, hey?


No comments:

Post a Comment