Tuesday 12 September 2023

I PROMISE I don't set out looking for trouble...

 ...it just seems to find me!



The other week, I briefly mentioned that I had stumbled across two things that were police matters. Now is the time to tell you about one of them. Next week, I will tell you the other one!

So...it was a warm summer's afternoon a few weeks back when my friend X and I decided to go for a nice, leisurely walk.

We wanted to have a peep at a new build near the field we were walking on, so exited the field and took a look. It's nice, but not either of our styles and the location doesn't do much for it either. Anyway, we had to 'style out' our nosiness by walking down past the house as (firstly) there was someone in the house looking out at us, then there was a dog walker too. Rather than just turning round, we carried on down the lane and took a different turning which leads to a beautiful, yet mysteriously abandoned house!

However, on this occasion someone WAS home! We could hear a bongo drum being played - although we weren't entirely sure where the sound was coming from - and thought it odd as the house still looked so shut up and abandoned. As we walked back along the path, we noticed the window to the garage door (which is separate to the house) was smashed.

We decided we should take a photo so that we could report it, but so not to make it obvious (worried someone was looking out on us, who they were/what they were like - yes our imaginations were running away but you can never be too careful these days) X took a photo of me with the smashed window behind us.

Off we went on our way, saying it was inevitable that someone/a squatter etc would break-in there eventually, whilst discussing the mystery of why it is abandoned with nothing being known about it... X decided she was Miss Marple and asked who I was, I decided I was Poirot!

We were laughing and joking - but saddened that the window had been smashed and hoping the house wasn't going to be wrecked - yet, at this point, we had no idea that our afternoon was about to require a more immediate call to the police! Check back here next Tuesday to see why!

No comments:

Post a Comment