Tuesday 30 January 2024

"Did you see that?"

Wow!

Continuing with tales from my festive break away with my friend, X, today I am going to tell you about something that we saw.


We arrived a little early to visit a castle (more on that next week) and decided to take a little wander around the area where the castle was. 

Finding a footpath, we set off and saw a pretty stream and some ducks. Then, X exclaimed:

"Did you see that?"

"Yes!" I replied, having seen a bright flash of blue in the sky.

"It was a really blue bird!"

"Like the printer ink cyan shade of blue!" I remarked.

"Yes!" X nodded back.


We stood still to see if we could see it again and to be quieter. I did catch another flash of it and tried to point where to X, but she didn't see it.


A few moments later, a couple and their dog came along and - clearly spotting our puzzled faces - said:

"Have you just seen the Kingfisher?"

To which we replied that we thought we had and that we didn't realise that is what it was or how blue they were!


It was, honestly, beautiful, and we were so pleased to have seen it!




We then continued down the path and (despite wearing cream coloured boots) X set off further down the muddy trail to take a photo of some sheep further down. I stayed back as the mud and puddles weren't something I felt the need to squelch in!

From where I was standing, I spotted a pheasant, watched some swans and then chuckled as X came back along, covered in mud!

I then helped her as she dipped her boots into various parts of the waterway along the path! NO WONDER we didn't get in the posh restaurant for lunch (see last week's blog post)... Only joking, we did a good job of cleaning her boots and the woman didn't even look at her feet and X was standing behind me at the door to the restaurant anyway.

Check back in next week for the tale of how lunch continued to go quite wrong though!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment