Tuesday 23 January 2024

No room at the inn!

 How rude!

If you've read last week's post, you will know that X and I went on a girly weekend away in December and that our outfits on the first day of our trip caused a bit of a misunderstanding...

With X having some food allergies, I was pleased when she spotted a posh restaurant where she could have something from the menu that she really liked the sound of. We'd already eaten that night (and were still in our questionable attire) so decided the next day that we would luncheon in the posh place and make an effort with our appearance.

I kept my hair down (bit of a mistake as it was windy so I had to add a woolly headband) and X put her extensions in. We took another couple of selfies in the same location as the night before to compare our appearances!

At lunch, we rocked up to the posh restaurant and out came a member of staff (wearing a fancy jacket) and I said:

"Table for two, please."

"We have nothing until 2:45. I can go and double check but I doubt anything has changed in the past few minutes." Came the reply!


We decided not to wait for her to look and walked away with X noticing that none of the tables outside were being used!

After searching for somewhere else to eat and following a map on X's phone, we happened to walk back past the posh place and saw the SAME waitress offering a couple (not dressed that smartly, may I add) a choice of tables outside!


"Well, they can't be that busy then!" X noted and I agreed.

I guess the woman just didn't want our custom!


Lunch turned into a nightmare...tbc!

Check back here Tuesday to see what else happened that day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment