Tuesday 20 February 2024

I spoke too soon...and 'Hello?!?!?'

 A short blog post and a request:

(Not actual image)

Last week, I decided to put up the planned blog post as I wanted to observe traffic to my blog. Firstly, Instagram has stopped me scheduling my post advertisements (it just keeps whirling) and, secondly, I wanted to see the views without a post again: how many/where from.

Here's what I would have posted:

The other week, X and I went for a walk in the fields and down to the - what we call - abandoned house near where we both live. It was an uneventful walk and, noticing this, I remarked on how well behaved we had been and how calm everything was. We never LOOK for trouble...it just FINDS US!

Anyway, X was like "Shh, don't say that. We're not home yet!" And I laughed.

She walked me to my house to get a few extra steps in and there was a fencing company repairing a fence opposite me that had fallen down in the wind recently.

I HAD spoken too soon as the company had decided to park on the grass and the truck was stuck! They eventually got going (leaving behind large mud holes - grass ruined - and then promptly got stuck on the next bit of grass!

X remarked that I really shouldn't have said that things had been calm and we giggled (despite feeling sad for the grass) as it was typical us to be right there at the moment it got stuck, twice!

I said goodbye to X and went to watch them try to get unstuck from the second stuck point and they then took a branch off a tree with a 'whack' as they reversed back, finally moving. Later, X text and said she heard the branch snap as she was crossing back to go to her house.

I really must learn to be quiet!


REQUEST:

As mentioned above, I am interested in viewing numbers to my blog as my stats page shows healthy views from across the world. I am sure that some (from certain locations) are bots but it would be great if you could pop a 'Hello' in the comments if you are a regular/new reader so that I can further understand my genuine engagement here. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment