Tuesday 12 March 2024

Squelch!

 "I nearly lost my trainer!"

Last week, on - what started out as a sunny afternoon - my friend, X, and I decided to meet up and go for a walk.

It wasn't long before the sun disappeared - typical.

We carried on walking and chatting, admiring houses on the way and then turned into the field behind our houses to make our way back.

Remembering the middle path had been quite muddy the other week, we picked a different one. Well, this was worse... We squelched into the mud like pigs and before long we both realised - and said aloud at the same time - that we could feel the mud pulling us downwards!

"I nearly lost my trainer!" X exclaimed as she picked her foot up, only for her trainer to try and stay in the mud.

"I'm sinking!" came my reply.

Somehow, we made it through without the loss of a trainer or getting stuck!

Now, you might think that this was quite a calm adventure compared to the chaos we usually get ourselves into... Well, that's because I haven't told you about what happened first! 

At the moment, X has the photographic evidence of what we found, and we are going to do some further 'investigating' so check back here next week to read all about it...



No comments:

Post a Comment