Tuesday 5 March 2024

"There is such a thing as shoe polish, you know!"

 Typical me...


One day, noticing my boots were a bit dirty, I wiped them with some soap and kitchen roll. I love shoes/boots so often vary what I wear. Therefore, it took a while for this incident to occur...


On Saturday, I had popped into a nearby town with my Mum and the weather was AWFUL! I happened to look down to my boots (looking where I was walking to avoid large puddles and dodgy pavement) and I spotted foam! I instantly remembered me wiping them with soap a few weeks back!


I said to my Mum to look at my shoes and told her what had happened. She was laughing at the same time as being relieved as she thought it was "bird poo" - although she didn't phrase it quite as politely as that! She then said, " There is such a thing as shoe polish, you know!" My response was that it dries out and I don't clean them that often, and that I always have soap/kitchen roll!


We were laughing lots about this and I proved it wasn't poo when I wiped it with a tissue and it just sunk in, no yucky mess!


Typical me, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment