Tuesday 24 October 2023

I cried with laughter at this...

Whoops!


A few weeks back Mum and I were out and it was another of those days where it was warmer than expected for the time of year.

We treated ourselves to a cold coffee and I drank mine (via the straw) before driving off. Mum, however, hadn't finished hers... Nor does she use the straw. She peels back the foil lid and drinks from the cup.

Background: ever since 'Covid times' she has sat in the back of my car and we both prefer that now tbh as I am used to driving solo more than I do with a passenger and she is happy in the back. 'Chauffeur driven' she calls it!

Anyway, we were leaving a retail park car park where there are the TALLEST speed bumps/humps EVER! I can't even find anything on the web that even looks like these ones.. They are like mini mountains, seriously. The one on the final exit (or entrance if you're going in) is the worse as it's onto/off of a roundabout.

So...there I am, following the small queue in front, awaiting my turn to carefully angle my wheels, go over it as slowly and carefully as possible to avoid track rod damage etc. 

I go over it, and then hear a splutter from the back! As we were waiting behind another car to enter the roundabout, I quickly turn around to look at Mum, asking if she's Ok (thinking she's swallowed the wrong way etc) and find her now WEARING her coffee!

This is how the conversation went as I was then driving off and entering the roundabout...

"I'm soaked!" - There was a swear word in this too!

"What were you doing?"

"I wanted another sip!"

"But we were about to go over the hump!?"

"But we'd stopped, and I sort of forgot where we were and didn't expect to move straight away!"

By this point, I was crying with laughter as she kept finding where the coffee had also gone - all over the chair, the seatbelt...what a mess!

I still couldn't understand why, of all places, she'd chosen to have a sip there!

We then popped into a supermarket nearby shortly after and despite her trying to wipe her top, the white butterflies on a blue background were distinctively brown - and in an area where it was rather noticeable too. 

She zipped her fleece up and we laughed and laughed about this that day and since. I've laughed typing it up too!

I've another funny Mum story for next week too!





No comments:

Post a Comment