Tuesday 17 October 2023

Oh dear, they have done it AGAIN...

 Watching TV in a different way!


In my blog post on 25th April this year, I told you how my parents had managed to watch an entire TV series in the wrong order!

On Saturday, when I spoke to my Mum she said that they'd been silly again and I asked why.

Recently I re-taught Dad (I had shown him when they first switched to a newer version of Sky - other companies are available and this isn't sponsored!) how to use the magnifying glass button to search for shows.

Now, they are having a great time finding showings of things that they first watched years ago. On this occasion, they have been watching some old shows of Cracker with Robbie Coltrane.

Anyway, when I asked Mum what had happened, this is what she said:

"We watched another two-part Cracker and really enjoyed it, but thought it had a funny ending. It wasn't until we started another one that we realised that the other two-part one actually had a third part. So we've watched that now and it made much more sense!"

I think they only saw the third episode in the list as they had scrolled past to get to the next episodes that they had chosen. Oh dear...

I did explain that is usually says 1/2 or 1/3 at the top and that episodes should set to automatically download and stack up (mine do) but I am wondering if Dad has turned that setting off as Mum didn't seem sure as she said things, "Sometimes do that..." I didn't ask him as I won't get a straight answer... I am just going to look when I next go round there!

Aside from laughing at them (again) my reaction was...


Oh, and in other news - I went to the supermarket that kept having people in character costumes there and it was safe! Yay! 





No comments:

Post a Comment