Tuesday 10 October 2023

When life throws you a curve ball...

 When things don't go to plan...


This week, I've decided to talk about curve balls. Sometimes life throws them at you, to you, perhaps even for you when you least expect them!

For example, last week I told you about my panic attack. Funnily enough, it's proved useful since. It taught me that sometimes you have to listen to your body. No, I don't like Storm Troopers, BUT I think that my general sense of being was unsettled that weekend and that the dislike of Storm Troopers and costumes gave an outlet for my unease and allowed the panic attack to occur.

This weekend, I saw Pepper Pig. Same supermarket, this time IN the store... I'd thought it was safe as the entrance had been clear. Oh no... 

Initially my reaction was to walk in the other direction whilst half swearing to myself and half wondering what else might be lurking. Thankfully, I was again with my Mum. She came over to where I was standing and I reasoned it out. "I'm not actually afraid of Pepper Pig. I don't like the costume, I don't know who is underneath it, but it's not as bad as a Storm Eater..."

Yep, notice what I said? "Storm EATER!" So, I clearly wasn't still functioning quite properly (if you haven't read last week's post, then you will see the relevance of muddled words) but I WAS trying to take control. And I did. Go me!

I manage to get relatively near, look at it and carried on shopping. I didn't go over and put money in the bucket - it was the same charity that we donated to the other week and nor did I think at my age, I should go and shake its hand (erm, trotter even) - even if it would have proved a point to myself. Knowing my luck one of the kids from where I work would see me and tell everyone I had been shaking Pepper's Pig hand!

I'm going back to the SAME supermarket next weekend so who knows what/who will be in there then!


Now, my curve ball of late hasn't just been people playing dress up (and fundraising) it's been a whole heap of other things too. Therefore, it got me thinking that sometimes you just have to ponder things, let things sit in your brain for a while and extract them into something more meaningful when ready. And that is EXACTLY what I have been doing.

I will tell you more about them another time as I am currently in the equivalent of my own ball pool of curve balls, deciding which to throw out, and which to keep in. So check back in next week to see how I am doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment