Thursday 2 May 2024

Even my toilet is awkward!

 Another typical me...


The toilet downstairs needed fixing as it hadn't been filling up or then flushing properly for a while. A neighbour mentioned that her daughter's boyfriend is a plumber so we arranged for him to come and take a look.

A part needed replacing (I forget the technical name for this, currently) and was it straightforward? No! The plumber, H, explained that usually you could replace this part within the back of the system, but, in my case, the back of the toilet needed draining and the toilet back taking off!

When this was done, it stillll wasn't working properly as the time spent (let's not quantify that) with it not working properly had caused a washer to need replacing too!

As it was a Sunday that he'd come round on, and he'd already been to a well-known shop to pick up the part that I have forgotten the name of, he couldn't get the washer and - timewise - it was getting on anyway.

In the meantime, the toilet was useable with a little leak on water and a funny noise every twenty minutes or so. Later that evening, H text and said that I could stop the noise overnight by pressing the grey 'button' at the top...

Well, I tried to do what he said, but it didn't work! The toilet then wouldn't stop trying to fill up with water!! Wedging something heavy on this item stopped the water and the noise, so that was fine.

When H returned to do the washer, as he had expected, it turned out the cistern was broken as the buttons were not going back up as they should have done - hence why it stop and had to be wedged down. I had text to explain this.

Therefore, he didn't fit the washer and we agreed for him to return another day with the new cistern part!

He later text and said that he'd ordered the part online (having earlier said it would be about £18) and that it was a 'rare part and hard to find' and therefore was £25! I laughed and just said that was typical me! I had partly expected this as I had realised myself that this part looked nothing like the one upstairs.

Anyway, it just goes to show that even sorting a toilet in my world is never simple!

Today, it's all fixed and working - yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment